Dear Reading Parents:
We are off to a strong start in our new school. The staff and students have been patient and accommodating as we have worked through the challenges of moving. Knowing that this is a temporary space until our new school is ready in 2019 makes it easier to adapt.
Here are some important dates for this fall.
- We need Seniors that are interested in being Camp Kern Counselors for Hilltop Elementary to sign up by September 8 in Guidance. Camp Kern for Hilltop will be Monday, September 25- Wednesday, September 27. Central Elementary will be going in March.
- ASVAB for all Juniors will be taking this on Wednesday, September 20 at 7:30 a.m.
- PSAT sign ups begin on Wednesday, September 13. The cost is $15 to sign up. All money is due by Friday, Sept 22. The PSAT will be taken on Wednesday, October 11.
- Seniors and parents-Laura Johnson from Mt. St. Joseph University will be here to share financial information with you including the FAFSA. The meeting will be Thurs, Sept 21 at 6:30 PM.
- The Pre-ACT test will be given to 10th graders from 7:30 – 10:00 a.m. on September 27. There is no cost for this test.
- Interim reports will go home on Friday, September 29 with your student.
- Homecoming Week is Monday, September 25 – Friday, September 29. Themes for each day will be posted around the school. The Homecoming Dance is Saturday, September 30.
- Seniors- Jostens will be at Scarlet Oaks on Monday, October 2, for Cap and Gown orders. Jostens will be at RHS for an informative meeting about Cap and Gown orders on Tuesday, October 3. Orders will be taken at RHS on Tuesday, October 10 and Tuesday, October 17.
Looking forward to a great school year! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.