Today, at Reading High School, the top 10 students with the highest grade point averages were recognized at the annual college signing ceremony. College representatives from University of Alabama, University of Cincinnati, Miami, Northern Kentucky and Bowling Green were also present for the signing ceremony.
The top academic achievers from each grade level were also present at the signing. These freshmen, sophomores, and juniors were encouraged to continue to work hard so they could be a top 10 student as seniors.
"The academic achievements of these students are incredible. We are proud of each one of you and the way you represent Reading High School," said RHS Principal, Mr. Dennis Ramsey.
Reading High School Class of 2017 Top 10 listed with their major and college choice are:
1. David Furniss - Pre-Med - University of Alabama
2. Justin Becker - Political Science - Miami University
3. Jared Slavey - Statistics - Northern Kentucky University
4. Andrea Ratiu - Statistics and Analytics - Miami University
5. Corey Frank - Business/Marketing - Bowling Green
6. Kylee Brenner - Pediatric Nursing - University of Kentucky
7. Jack Baumiller - University of Cincinnati - Engineering
8. Kalena Pendang - Undecided - Miami University
9. Amber Taylor - Undecided - Miami University
10. Tricia McCarty - Biological Science - University of Cincinnati