Dear Reading School Community,
We are thankful for our supportive community and our partnerships with local businesses.
Thank you, Valley Central Savings and Formica
Thank you to Valley Central Savings and Brad Daniel for his year-long help and advice to Mr. Pages finance class students. Thanks also to Formica and their ongoing support of Central Elementary. Susan Fraley nominated Formica for the Pillar Award for Community Service. They will be honored in January at Duke Convention Center.
Reading High School Shout Outs
Congratulations to the following Reading High School seniors on their college acceptances;
- Renee Schueler has committed to Heidelberg University where she will continue her academic and softball career.
- Anna Sofio has been accepted early admission into the prestigious University of Pennsylvania where she will major in Finance at the Wharton School of Business.
- Katelynn Mrusek has received the Berea College Tuition Promise Scholarship, which covers nearly 100% of all college costs, including medical and dental insurance.
In athletics, senior wrestler Colton Robins earned his 100th career win at the Madeira Invitational!
Thanks to the mild weather, we are back on schedule with the timeline for the construction of our new school and occupancy in August! Each week, I will update you on the progress of construction and eventually details of our move.
- Air handler units are being installed this week on the roof.
- About 95% of the building is now under roof. Openings were left for the installation of the air handlers.
- The elementary wing is completed drywalled.
- The middle school will be drywalled within the next two weeks.
- Furnishing bids and technology bids have been accepted with orders to begin soon.
- Paving will continue based on the weather.
Look for more construction updates as the year progresses.
If you have questions or concerns, please call me on my cell at 513-426-1940.
Twitter: District @ReadingCSD and Reading Superintendent Chuck LaFata @25Bluedevil
Blue Devil eNews: Subscribe under “Quick Links” at www.readingschools.org
Each of our schools and principals also has Facebook/Twitter pages. Direct links can be found on the building web page.