Mission of the Reading Community City Schools IT Department
The technology mission of the Reading Community City Schools is to provide experiences so that all students will become proficient users of technology in an increasingly complex society. Students will use technology as a tool in productivity, communication, research, problem solving, and decision-making.
Service to students, teachers, administrators, and other staff members is always foremost in mind. It is indeed “job number one”, the only reason the IT Department exists.
To that end:
- Members of the IT Department recognize production is sacred.
- Interruption of services will always be avoided al all costs.
- If services are interrupted because of catastrophic circumstances, the IT Department will have a plan in place and immediately execute that plan to keep an interruption of services to a bare minimum.
- Members of the IT Department will serve as the first source for professional technology development.
- Members of the IT Department will track emerging technologies
The Reading Schools IT Department supports approximately 1500 students and 190 staff members in three buildings, 11 labs, 650 systems, 20 servers, all components of the converged network, and the district ip telephone system.