This is my first year working at Reading Central Elementary School. I have a Bachelors degree from Miami University, and received my Masters in Education from the University of Cincinnati.
What does the School Counselor provide to students?
- Help resolve problems that interfere with learning.
- Counseling children individually and in groups for such topics as…
- Conduct classroom guidance activities;
- Coordinate with school staff and community resources to assist students; and
- Offer crisis intervention and prevention.
- Consults with teachers and parents about students.
How is a student referred to the school counselor?
Students may be referred to the counselor by parent/guardians, teachers, administrators, friends or themselves.
As a parent, feel free to call or email with any concerns you may have about your student!