December is now upon us and with it brings the hustle and bustle of the holidays! During this holiday season we especially want to take time to show appreciation and gratitude for those around us who take time to help and who support our school and its families and programs.
I want to take a moment to thank the PTO members for all they do at Central. Their efforts are tireless as they continuously work to provide fun activities for our students and families and to financially support our school. Here are just a few of the programs they sponsored so far this year:
- Cincinnati Zoo classroom visits
- The Family Dinner Nights (including McTeacher Night at McDonald’s, Dominos Pizza, and Chipotle)
- Family Game Night
- Purchasing 4th grade recorders
- The Academic Awards donuts and juice
- Field Trips
- Supporting our 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades UC STEP Program
- The Blue Devil Dash
- Market Day
- Box Tops and Soup Labels
- And, most recently- the Family Skate Night at the Fun Factory!
Very soon we will enjoy these programs:
- Breakfast with Santa
- The Jingle Bell Shop
- December 16 PTO Meeting and Holiday Party, 7:00 p.m.
- Funding of all student field trips
- January Family Bingo Night
The PTO Board Members: Amy Bullock, President; Jessica Carey, Vice President; Sandy Byar, Treasurer; and Rachelle Jeffries, Secretary, are the ones responsible for all of the planning and coordinating of these events. We truly appreciate all that they do!We welcome anyone to join the PTO and appreciate all the volunteers!
Finally, thank you to everyone for continuing to support your child’s education by attending conferences and meetings, reading classroom and school newsletters, and reading with your child each night.
Have a wonderful Holiday Season with your families!