Remote Learning Plans During Closure for COVID-19
We know this is a challenging time for Reading School District families. Your family’s safety and wellbeing is our main priority. Reading’s school building remote learning plan outlined below is intended to provide information for the upcoming weeks and to provide contact information if you have questions or concerns. Remote learning will occur throughout the school closure with the exception of the week of spring break (April 6-10).
Our goal is to maintain our students current level of instruction. We understand the difficulties that can be encountered with online instruction and will work together to face these challenges. The district does not expect parents to be educators. Our teachers will provide the instruction/assignments. We ask parents to support the learning by requiring their child(ren) to complete the assignments and participate in the learning that is provided. We are truly in this together!
Student Services Information
As a District we are committed to ensuring, to the greatest extent possible, each student receives the special education and related services that are identified in the IEP or 504 Plan. Intervention specialists and therapists are collaborating with regular education teachers and as an IEP team to meet individual students’ needs.
- Intervention specialists will be contacting parents and students to determine how best to meet the families needs when providing specially designed instruction remotely.
- Counselors are working with regular education teachers to ensure students with a 504 Plan are receiving accommodations.
- IEP and ETR meetings will be held as scheduled via phone conference
- English Language tutors are reaching out to students and providing information, assignments, and support
- Special education aides are also available to support students with completing assignments
If you have questions regarding your child’s special education services or 504 Plan accommodations, please contact our Director of Student Services Rebecca Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 842-5105.