Remote Learning - Reading Elementary
Reading Elementary Remote Learning Plan
- Three weeks worth of remote learning packets were made available to all students. If the packets were not picked up by March 17, the packets were placed in grade-level boxes in the high school vestibule. The doors to the high school entrance are open from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Mondays-Fridays (with the exception of spring break) if parents need to retrieve student packets.
- Chromebooks have been distributed to families so that students can engage in remote learning.
- Teachers have set up Google Classrooms with assignments and activities for students to engage in remotely.
- Teachers are available between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Monday-Friday, via email or communications on Google Classroom or Remind.
- Twice a month: teachers reach out via phone call to families to check-in
- Weekly: Assignments for the week uploaded by Monday morning at 10 a.m.
- Packets available in the vestibule with new work by Monday at 10 a.m.
- Each homeroom will meet once a week via Zoom or Google Hangouts
- Parents and students should check their email daily
- Work will be available online via Google Classroom by 10 a.m. on Mondays; hard copies will be available in the vestibule for that week by 10 AM Monday as well.
- We respect all privacy considerations and no online interactions will be recorded.
- School hours are considered 9 a.m.-3 p.m. and teachers will communicate with parents/students during these times.
- Emails or questions will be answered within 24 hours.
- Chromebooks have been distributed to students in 5th grade and up. Our elementary principals will be distributing more to students in younger grades who would benefit from access to a Chromebook.
- Reading’s tech team will answer questions and provide support to parents/students to help resolve tech issues as they arise.
- Go to the following link to request help: bit.ly/RCSDTechTeam