Remote Learning - Reading Middle School
RMS Remote Learning Plan By Week
Students came to school to collect their belongings and paper assignments.
Students began to engage in remote learning through Google Classroom or paper assignments if they cannot access wifi.
- Week 1 paper assignments were due to be turned in and students were able to pick up week 2 paper assignments.
- Week 2 remote learning through Google Classroom begins.
March 30-April 3
Week 2 paper assignments were due to be turned in and students will be able to pick up week 3 paper assignments on Monday, March 30.
Week 3 remote learning through Google Classroom begins.
Spring Break - No assignments
Important reminders for RMS students with a Chromebook and wifi while working at home:
- Assignments for RMS students will be posted on each teacher’s google classroom under the name Blizzard Bags. For the easy view of all assignments, check the classwork tab of Google Classroom.
- Students with wifi and a device will have everything they need to complete each week's Blizzard Bag assignments on their Google Classrooms.
- Students need to complete one assignment per class each day. Be sure to read all directions on the assignment post before starting work.
- Each week all assignments should be completed by Sunday night so that students are ready to move on to the next week's assignments when they are published on Monday morning.
Important reminders for students without a Chromebook or wifi while working at home:
- Students without Chromebook and/or wifi access will be able to obtain the weekly paper assignment packets from their grade level boxes on Mondays from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. in the high school entrance vestibule/foyer area.
- Students should drop off paper packets of completed work the following Monday when they pick up the new weekly packet.
- Students need to complete one assignment per class each day. Be sure to read all directions on the assignment before starting work.
- Reading’s tech team will answer questions and provide support to parents/students to help resolve tech issues as they arise.
- Go to the following link to request help: bit.ly/RCSDTechTeam