Reading Reopening Survey
- District family survey completed on returning to school
- 712 responses
- Click here for the summary of results
Reopening Planning and Preparations
- Recent order placed to increase Chromebook capacity to 1:1 for grades K-12 with blended and/or remote learning a certainty for the upcoming school year.
- Student Chromebook return facilitated by Forward Edge to prepare for 2020-2021.
- Ongoing analysis of building technology capability, devices, server capacity, fiber, and other issues to ensure readiness for August.
- Transition to Omnia360 on July 1 for the building maintenance contract.
- Developing cleaning/sanitizing needs and protocols for return to school.
- Placed order for district PPE equipment through CARES Act Funding.
- Research/purchase additional equipment/best practices needed as guidance is released.
- State guidance will assist in defining operational practices.
- Hygiene will be a priority - washing/sanitizing hands, no shared supplies, wiping desks, best practices/guidance for face coverings.
- 1:1 device capacity
- Planning staff professional development needs and support
Planned work in the coming months:
- Social/emotional programming and support
- Assessing students and plans addressing gaps
- Curriculum alignment, standards assessment/priorities
- Instructional strategies
- State financial reports for June 2020 released week of July 6th will give indication of COVID-19 financial impact.
- Continued analysis and allocation of CARES Act funding, Student Wellness funding, and federal grants being completed for 2020-2021.
- Anticipated impact of state budget reduction by July 31st
School Calendar Revision
- Adjusts student start date to August 31, 2020.
- Staff begins August 17 to allow time for professional development and planning for new instructional and operational approach to education
- Board to vote on the revised calendar at the regular Board meeting on July 15, 2020
Small District Collaborative
- Reading will collaborate with Lockland, New Miami, and St.Bernard/Elmwood Place staff for joint virtual professional development planning for August 18-21.
Reading Reopening Planning Timeline
- July 2 State guidance shared
- July 6-10 Development of draft district reopening plan
- July 13 Staff advisory team/Parent advisory group
- July 15 Board presentation of reopening plan DRAFT
- July 16 Begin revision and finalizing
- July 22 Present district plan for 2020-2021
- July 23 Begin implementing Reading Reopening model