For Parents/Students » Counseling and Mental Health Resources

Counseling and Mental Health Resources

Counseling and Mental Health

Available at School

School Counselors

School counselors support the academic, career, and social-emotional needs of all students. They provide short-term student counseling, programming around social-emotional development, and college, career, and future planning.

  • Mrs. Jennifer Leone, RJSH Grades 9-12 Last Names A-K
  • Mr. Greg Mayhall RJSH Grades 9-12 Last Names L-Z
  • Ms. Emily Sewall, RES and RJSH Grades 5-8
  • Mrs. Amber Stinson, RES Grades K-4


Talbert House Community Outreach Prevention & Education (COPE) Groups

Reading Schools is now partnered with Talbert House to provide social skills groups to students. Examples of group topics are friendship skills, conflict resolution, stress management, and goal setting. Groups span the entire semester and referrals are made based on school counselor and family input. These services are provided for students free of charge.


Best Point Behavioral Health Partnership (The Children’s Home of Cincinnati)

Reading Schools has been partnered with Best Point to provide school-based mental health services to our students for over 10 years. By providing a space at school for Best Point therapists to provide services, we remove the barrier of transportation that some students may face in accessing mental health care. These services are covered through the student’s insurance or private pay. To refer your child, go to

Available in the Community


If you’re looking for mental health services for your child outside of school and aren’t sure where to turn, search MindPeace’s database of local providers. You can narrow your search by mental health concern, insurance, distance from your home, and more: Search for Community Providers.

Pediatric Mental Health Urgent Care

Pediatric Mental Health Urgent Care

Cincinnati Children’s Psychiatric Intake Response Center (PIRC)

If you have mental health questions call 513-636-4124. PIRC is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, year-round. Their website provides information about additional services they provide: Psychiatric Intake Response Center (PIRC).

Community Resources List

If you need access to other resources - housing, food, job training, disability services, etc. - please refer to our Community Resources list. If you’re unable to find what you’re looking for, contact United Way at 211 or your child’s school counselor.