Open Enrollment 2020-2021
Because of the COVID-19 crisis in Ohio and our school building being closed, open enrollment registration will not be accepted in person for the 2020-2021 school year. Applications can be submitted online, dropped off at Reading High School, or mailed.
Current Open Enrollment Students
For those families who currently have students open enrolled in Reading Schools, a letter was mailed from the district on March 16, regarding registration for 2020-2021. The original deadline to return these forms was Friday, March 27. Because of the closure, we are extending the deadline until May 1.
Please mail back your blue application with proof of residency to Kim Blair, Reading Community City Schools, 810. E. Columbia Avenue, Reading, OH 45215 or take a photo or scan the application and email it to Mrs. Blair’s attention at email@example.com. Mrs. Blair will confirm via email that she has received your application.
New Open Enrollment Students for 2020-2021
- Application forms for new open enrollment students will be accepted for grades Kindergarten –12 starting May 1 through 4 p.m. on June 1, 2020.
- Applications can be completed online or via paper copies available for completion at 810 E. Columbia Ave, Reading, Ohio 45215 in the lobby area of the High School Entrance.
- A separate application form must be submitted for each student requesting admittance for interdistrict open enrollment.
- Applications will be date and time stamped when they are received and processed in the following order:
a. Students currently attending in the Reading Community School District in open-enrollment from any other district in the State of Ohio in the current school year.
b. Students who are members of the same family unit (brothers and sisters) of students who attend the Reading School District in open-enrollment from any other district in the State of Ohio in the current school year.
c. School-age children of full-time employees in contiguous or non-contiguous school districts.
d. First-time student applicants for the coming school year.
For More Information
If you have questions regarding open enrollment, please call Kim Blair at 842-5109 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be responding to voicemails and emails between the hours of 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday-Friday
The Reading Board of Education is pleased to extend tuition-free enrollment opportunities to Ohio students
who live outside the district boundaries but within the state of Ohio, provided that openings are available and that all procedures as outlined in the administrative regulations are met.
- Application forms shall be available upon request at Reading Community Schools, 810 E. Columbia Ave, Reading, Ohio 45215 in the reception area of the High School Entrance. The form is also available on our website at www.readingschools.org.
- Applications for all students will be accepted beginning April 1, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. and ending May 14, 2020, at 3:00 p.m., in person, in the reception area of the High School Entrance. Applications will
be processed in the order in which they are received. All individual applications will be date/time
stamped when presented. Applications received by mail will not be accepted
• The number of openings in a particular program for students from other Ohio districts will be determined
by optimum size for a particular program, classroom/school building, or grade level which is the number
of students that can be accommodated without increasing District expenditures for staff or equipment. At
no time will a resident student be denied enrollment in a grade, building, or program due to established
capacities having been reached through inter-district open-enrollment.
• The order and preference will be:
- Students currently attending in the Reading Community School District or open-enrollment from any
other district in the State of Ohio in the current school year.
- Students that are members of the same family unit (brothers and sisters) of students who attend the
Reading School District or open-enrollment from any other district in the State of Ohio in the current
- School-age children of full-time employees in contiguous or non-contiguous school districts.
- First-time student applicants for the coming school year.
District is not currently providing the services called for in the I.E.P.
• The District shall not discriminate against any disabled students. The District shall not be required to
provide any services or adapt any facilities not already provided disabled resident students.
• The parent/guardian will be responsible for providing transportation to Reading Community Schools.
• Applications from students from other Ohio districts may also be rejected if the student has been
suspended or expelled for ten (10) consecutive days or more.
• The parents of the student from another Ohio district as well as the superintendent of his/her home
school will be notified of their acceptance by the Superintendent of Reading Schools. Once the
acceptance letter has been mailed, the student will have ten (10) days in which to accept and must
notify the Reading School District of their intent to enroll in Reading Schools under open
enrollment. Failure to do so will result in a reversal of acceptance.