- Full-day program – The full-day program is in session Monday-Friday. The full-day program follows the same school calendar as Reading Elementary. Hours are 8:10 AM – 2:30 PM.
- Half-day program - The half-day program will be 4 half-days per week (no preschool on Wednesdays). The morning session is an integrated preschool program (8 students with an IEP and 8 peer models). Hours are 7:45 AM – 10:45 AM. The afternoon session is for special needs students. The half-day sessions follow the same school calendar as Reading Elementary with the exception of no school for students on Wednesdays. Hours are 11:30 AM – 2:30 PM.
Enrollment Information: The Reading Community City Schools uses an online lottery system for peer models. There will be a link posted on the district website on January 9th by 11:00 am. The link will take you to a brief Google Form. The form will be live until January 27th.
Families will be notified of acceptance into the program by February 3rd. - The Link for the lottery can be found here. Preschoolers with a disability are eligible for the program when they turn 3 years of age. All peer models must be 3 years of age on or before September 30th to enter the lottery. Enrollment is completed online at Final Forms.
Priority for acceptance into the program will occur as follows:
- Reading residents that are 4 years old or 5 years old by September 30th
- Reading residents that are 3 years old by September 30th
- Children of staff members that are 4 or 5 years old by September 30th
- Children of staff members that are 3 years old by September 30th
- Open enrollment of children that are 4 or 5 years old by September 30th
- Open enrollment of children that are 3 years old by September 30th
Preschool Tuition: Tuition for the full-day program is $5000 ($490/month for 10 months) and the half-day program is $2500 ($245/month for 10 months). A deposit of $100 for full-day and $50 for half-day is required by February 17th and will be deducted from the annual amount. Monthly payments are due on the 10th day of each month.
Tuition rates and program hours are subject to change pending board approval.
Requirements for peer models and children applying for the full-day program:
- The child is 3 years old on or before September 30th
- The child is completely potty trained (wears underwear and has no daytime accidents)
Program Information: Reading preschool teachers are licensed by the Ohio Department of Education. They are knowledgeable regarding the Ohio Early Learning and Developmental Standards and the skills our students need to successfully transition to kindergarten.
Additional program information is available in the Preschool Handbook.
Ohio Department of Education Mandate: The Ohio Department of Education recently enacted a new preschool rule (OAC 3301-37). This new rule was enacted to “ensure that a continuum of alternative placements is available to meet the needs of children with disabilities for special education and related services.” The rule requires public school districts to “annually prepare, post publicly, and make available to parents during the evaluation process a list of available preschool special education options in the community.” The list cannot be limited to service providers within the district’s geographic boundaries and should include providers outside of the district that may be more accessible to children within the district. In order to meet the requirements of the new rule, additional Preschool Options may be viewed here.
Specific questions regarding Reading’s preschool should be directed to Kim Bell at
842-5100 or [email protected].